Responsible for the actual insemination of all eligible cows or heifers each day in the dairy operation & responsible for executing the steps of the breeding process in a precise, technically correct manner with the goal of achieving the maximum number of pregnancies possible.
– Measures specified amounts of semen into calibrated syringes and insert syringes into inseminating guns.
– Prepares containers of semen for freezing and storage or shipment, placing them in dry ice or liquid nitrogen.
– Records animal characteristics such as weights, growth patterns, and diets.
Minimum Requirements Education
– Bachelor of Science in Veterinary
– Knowledge of artificial insemination techniques and equipment use.
– Knowledge of applicable safety requirements
– Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
– Skill in the use of standard tools and equipment needed to do a job.
– Skill in completing assignments accurately and with the attention to detail.
– Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data.
– Skill in the use of standard office equipment and software.
– Skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
– Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
– Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
– Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
– Ability to understand and follow instructions.
– Ability to work effectively within a complex organization structure.
– Ability to effectively handle difficult and/or angry people
Additional Preferred Qualifications
– Certification in Artificial Insemination
The below essential function, responsibilities and activities reflect the items considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be constructed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that maybe inherent in the job.
1. Maintains timely insemination of all eligible animals in the herd.
2. Ensures Hygiene and accuracy of insemination.
3. Complies with specified hormonal treatments and breeding protocols.
4. Coordinates of movement of cows between pens depending on days in milk, pregnancy status, and production levels.
5. Maintains data that relates to the Reproductive team which includes all pen moves and insemination data.
6. Supervises and maintains semen tanks as per set quality standards
▪ Maintains active communication and builds teamwork amongst the team, affiliated companies, and other departments, in order to achieve commitment to the overall company objective.
▪ Builds positive working relationship with the team, other departments and/or business units; ensures understanding of department objective and the wants, needs and expectations of internal and external clients.
▪ Maintain the highest standard of professionalism, ethics, and attitude towards our shareholders, customers, business partners, employees, suppliers, communities and government.
▪ Attends training programs as set by the company and other departments.
▪ To be aware of the health, fire, and life safety control and security standards and procedures in handling emergency
▪ Performs related duties and special projects assigned.